The CanTreatCOVID trial relies on volunteers, often referred to as participants, to help us better understand the effectiveness of medications for mild to moderate COVID-19. The study is open to adults aged 18 – 49 years with one or more chronic condition(s) or adults aged 50+ years who tested positive for COVID with symptoms starting within the last five days.
Monday to Friday, 8 am – 6 pm Eastern Time
Recruitment in Ontario is now open.
The study is open to:
- Adults aged 18-49 years with one or more chronic condition(s) listed below OR adults aged 50+ years
- Who tested positive for COVID-19 with symptoms starting within the last five days
Individuals currently taking Paxlovid or hospitalized for COVID-19 are not eligible to participate.
Adults aged 18-49 years who tested positive for COVID must have at least one of the following chronic conditions to participate in the study:
- Chronic respiratory disease (including COPD, cystic fibrosis and asthma requiring at least daily use of preventative and/or reliever medication)
- Chronic heart or vascular disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease (including dementia, stroke, epilepsy)
- Severe and profound learning disability
- Down’s syndrome
- Diabetes (Type 1 or Type 2)
- Immunosuppression: primary (e.g. inherited immune disorders resulting from genetic mutations) or secondary due to disease or treatment (e.g. sickle cell, HIV, cancer, chemotherapy)
- Solid organ, bone marrow and stem cell transplant recipients
- Morbid obesity (BMI >35)
- Severe mental illness
- Care home resident
To access the pre-screening form: visit https://redcap.link/CanTreatCOVID
To learn more: use the form above or contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-888-3308.